Spike ponders

Saturday, March 20, 2010

I will always tell you what I think....

I am of the opinion that everyone has the potential for being "a great thinker".  I feel strongly about the things that touch my life in some way and have little or no feeling about things that don't.  That doesn't mean I don't have compassion, sympathy and even empathy for the unfortunate people of Haiti and Peru and everywhere else disaster strikes.  It doesn't mean I don't want health care, education and good, decent lives for everybody.  I just don't care whether members of Congress ever get a raise.  I don't care that Nancy Pelosi was actually correct about Saint Joseph.  I care very much that we allow genocide.....and starvation......and preventable diseases to continue when we have the ability to end them.  The point is that I feel that my opinion is important.  I also feel that YOUR opinion is important.  I will tell you what I think about almost anything without any provocation at all, but I will NEVER tell you what YOU should think.  You have to do that work on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment