Spike ponders

Friday, March 26, 2010

Health Care Reform

Everybody else has weighed-in about it.  I guess it is time I did, too.  I have not read the bill.  Let me admit it up front.  I hear the same thing you do and expect there is a lot of truth-stretching and down-right lying on both sides of the aisle.  The only way to really know what it says is to read it, but even then, stuff in these bills is frequently open to interpretation.  I would like to see a panel......multi-political, multi-ethnic, multi-gender, multi socio-economic......go through this bill line by line to see what it  ACTUALLY says and put the politicos on the hot-seat for interpretive purposes.

Life and experience have taught me that if you wait until you are fully prepared to do anything, you will never really do anything.  In that regard, perhaps it was better to do something, no matter how imperfect, with a plan to revise and correct, than to do nothing.  The Chinese say that even a journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step.  So we took the first step, now we can work on correcting the navigation so we can get where we really want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment